RM volleyball extends winning streak to 4 games with win over BCC

Rockets girls’ volleyball defeated BCC on Monday night three sets to one. The dominant performance by Richard Montgomery extends their winning streak to 4 games.

After an early slip up by the Rockets in the second set, RM did not let the Barons back into the game and put together an impressive run to claim the third and fourth sets. Senior Abby Hernandez stood out with 17 kills and 14 digs on the way to the victory. “I feel like I was a bit more consistent in the victory than I usually am and that was something to be proud of for me,” Hernandez said.

RM is now 4-1 on the season, and the momentum is building as victories are piling up. “I feel like our chances are getting stronger because each game we learn something new about what we need to improve on and by the next game, that mistake is rarely seen,” Hernandez said.

The team will focus on starting off faster each set when they take Northwood High School on Thursday. “We have to face twice the pressure later on when we’re trying to side out,” to win the point when the other team is serving, senior Linda Qiu said. However, the Rocket’s have proven themselves as very hardworking and capable of scraping out a win, even when fallen behind.

The Rockets look to stretch to five wins in a row when they take on Northwood at home. “I think me, as well as the team, are confident for the upcoming game against Northwood,” sophmore Brooke Richman said. “We played them in the Blake tournament a few weeks ago and finished in quick sets, so I am confident we can do the same this time and keep up our streak.”