TidePod SGA Segment #2: RM’s SMOB Candidate

Valerie Wang

The TidePod, which was started in early 2019, is currently in its third season. Graphic designed by Valerie Wang.

In the second episode of the brand new TidePod SGA segment, hosts Sabrena Carver-Tchagna and Lucy Meyer speak to junior Nick Asante, who is RM’s very own Student Member of the Board of Education (or SMOB) candidate for the 2020-21 school year. Asante, who announced his run for SMOB in early 2020, has made it to the final two and is competing against Magruder HS junior Victoria Kidder. The SMOB election will take place on April 22, when students across the county will vote for either Asante or Kidder to fill out the school year-long position. Montgomery County is one of two counties in Maryland to give its SMOB full Board of Education voting rights. To learn more about Asante and why he is running for SMOB, listen to “SGA Segment #2: RM’s SMOB Candidate” here.

Grace Burwell
Junior and SMOB candidate Nick Asante smiles for a photo in a hallway.

The featured guest for this episode is Nick Asante.

Hosted and narrated by Sabrena Carver-Tchagna and Lucy Meyer. Script, publicity, outreach, and editing by Sabrena Carver-Tchagna and Lucy Meyer.

Graphic by Valerie Wang. Music courtesy of Corrigan Peters. Produced by Grace Burwell.

You can listen to the rest of the TidePod podcast here

About the Contributors
Photo of Sabrena Carver-Tchagna
Sabrena Carver-Tchagna, TidePod SGA Contributor

This is Sabrena's first year being part of the TidePod, and she is extremely excited for the new opportunities it brings. If she is not reading or playing...

Photo of Lucy Meyer
Lucy Meyer, TidePod SGA Contributor

Lucy is part of the SGA at RM, and she is very excited to be creating this podcast. She enjoys dancing, reading, and writing, as well as following politics...

Photo of Grace Burwell
Grace Burwell, Editor-in-Chief

Grace Burwell is thrilled to be one of the Tide's editors-in-chief for the 2020-21 school year. Before becoming an EIC, she served as the first-ever editor...