Letters to the Editor: Response to October 2019 Articles

Dear Editor,

The article titled “Moco’s Ride On Flex Program creates new transport options” should get an update and interview with someone who actually uses it to describe how it works and the difference between a regular Ride On and the Ride On Flex. I sometimes ride the Ride On bus home, and I am open to new transportation options, so it’d be great to get more information from fellow RM students.

Sui Sung

Sophomore

Dear Editor,

I agree with the Pro-Ice Protest article about division between people of different races. In the United States, there are so many people that don’t like immigrants and think they are all criminals. This is not the case; many people come to the United States to get a better future. Many Americans don’t see the effort immigrants put in and continue to judge them using unfair stereotypes. Yes, there are always bad people in a group, but why judge them based on their worst? The reason for the division is because people aren’t open-minded to the thought of new people in the United States or realize all the effort immigrants put in to leave everything they know behind. I believe that this divide is a major problem in the world.

Jessica Del Carmen Villatoro

Sophomore

Dear Editor,

I agree with the article, though not completely. Computer Science is a leading field that many students do not have exposure to. While it’s true that RM needs to make its computer science courses more attractive, it’d be more effective if more computer science classes were introduced to students who aren’t in the IB program. They may want to have a deeper understanding of computer science, but they don’t have access to classes like IB Computer Science. In order to address the problem of RM not having enough teachers to cover more computer science classes, leave the fundamental classes like AP Computer Science Principles to teachers who have a more basic knowledge of computer science. The teachers who know advanced computer science could handle the advanced classes.

Aina Atienza

Sophomore

Interested in contributing your opinion on topics ranging from lighthearted satire to international political concerns? Fill out this form or email your response to [email protected]!