How to vote in the upcoming Rockville elections

On November 3rd, the City of Rockville will hold elections for mayor and four members of city council. Here is a short guide on how you can vote this election if you are of age.

Why is this election important?

Historically, mayors and council members have only served two years, but now, those elected will serve a four year term. This makes it especially important; if you are 18 now the next chance you have to vote will be when you are 22.

First, you must register to vote

If you are a county resident or a U.S citizen, and are at least 16 years old you may register to vote (only those 18 and older can vote). You can register to vote at any public library, the MVA, or online at 777vote.org. You may even register on election day at City Hall, located at 111 Maryland Avenue. A driver’s license number or the last four digits of your social security number must be presented when registering.

Where to vote

You can use this map to find out where your neighborhood polling station is located. Polls will be open for 13 hours from 7:00 am until 8:00 pm. The ballots will be available in both English and Spanish.

Who is running?

The mayoral candidates are Bridget Donnel Newton and Sima Osdoby. Nine candidates will be vying for the four council positions. To meet the candidates click here. After the elections, unofficial results will be available on the city’s website, Facebook page, Twitter, and at City Hall.

For more detailed information go to rockvillemd.gov/election.