The spooky walls of RM’s halls

A student walks down the Juniors Haunted Carnival themed hall. A detailed clown face and red and white ballons hang on the wall.

A student walks down the Junior’s ‘Haunted Carnival’ themed hall. A detailed clown face and red and white ballons hang on the wall.

During homecoming spirit week, RM’s SGA gathers students of every grade to decorate the hallways according to the theme for homecoming that year. There’s a competition between grade levels on which grade can decorate their assigned hallways the best. This year, the theme of homecoming was ‘Haunted Hoco’. Students of all grade levels stayed after school on Oct 20, to help with the decorating.

Posters hang from the lockers and ceiling as students, unidentifiable, walk through the senior ‘Graveyard’ hallway.

The senior’s hallway theme was ‘Graveyard’. Witty headstones and detailed drawings covered the walls and ceiling of the hall.

A student walks down the Junior’s ‘Haunted Carnival’ themed hall. A detailed clown face and red and white balloons hang on the wall.

The theme of the junior’s hallway was ‘Haunted Carnival’. A drawing of a clown and red and white balloons were on the entrance of the hall to make passers feel like they were walking right into the carnival.

A poster that reads, “It’s alive! It’s alive!”, quoting Frankenstein, hangs on lockers in the sophomore homecoming hallway.

The sophomore’s hallway theme was ‘Haunted House’. Posters of common Halloween phrases and spooky drawings hung on the lockers.

Students, unidentifiable, decorate the soon to be hung posters for the freshmen homecoming hallway.

The freshmen hallway theme was ‘Pumpkin Patch’. Posters with pumpkins and other pumpkin patch-related themes covered the hall.

The homecoming spirit week decorations bring out the creativity in the student volunteers at RM and we can’t wait to see what is in store for next year.