Cancellation / 2 Hour Delay Exam Schedule

Avani Ambardekar
The first official day of winter break for MCPS students was Dec. 25, while the break ended on Jan. 2.

The following is taken from the Richard Montgomery school website:

Weather Cancellation/Delay Plan

If there is an emergency school closing, the missed exams will take place the following day. For example, if there is a closing on Tuesday, January 19, students will take period 3 and 4 exams on Wednesday, January 20.

Two Hour Delayed Opening*

9:45 – 11:55    Exam Period A

11:55 – 12:25  Lunch/Break

12:30 – 2:30   Exam Period B

*= in the event of a two hour delay, a student with an extended time accommodation will still be provided his or her legal accommodations. If a student is unable to complete his or her exam with the extended time during exam period B, teachers will make accommodations for that student to make up the exam at a later time.

** Students who attend Thomas Edison High School should follow their regular schedule on Thursday, January 14th. On Friday, January 15th – Friday, January 22nd, students DO NOT attend Thomas Edison classes rather they follow the exam schedule put out by RM. **

As a reminder, students are only expected to attend school when they have an exam. Students who do not have morning exams are not required to attend school in the morning. Students may leave school after they finish their morning exams if they do not have an afternoon exam. Students who leave early and/or come late must provide their own transportation. During exams buses will operate on their REGULAR schedule, departing at 2:30 p.m. Study Halls will be available in the cafeteria for those students who do not have transportation to leave after an exam and/or if they come to school early and do not have an exam until the second session. During exam week, RMBC will not broadcast and announcements will not be read over the PA. Announcements will be made available electronically on the RMHS website and listserv.

Header photo taken by Michael Riederer